New way of mounting an engine.
So stoked tonight. I figured out a way to singlehandedly mount a motor (at least an EX500 motor) in the frame. I did one motor before with Alix' help and it was horrible. We panted, swore, and almost broke our backs lifting the engine into the frame and maneuvering it so as to align the holes for the mounting bolts. It dawned on me when I was taking the frame to the welder that I could do the opposite. The frame's relatively light and I could instead lower it onto the motor. It worked out almost exactly that way and I was shocked how quickly I was able to get the first mounting bolt in (about 20 min total). The rest was easy -- just a bit more pushing and pulling and then some clever manipulations with jacks and I now have the frame with the motor in it up on the stands ready to get running.